Your 7-Day Chakra Healing Challenge
Here at Daily Life, we talk a lot about the importance of maintaining chakra health – and with good reason! Keeping your chakras balanced and flowing is essential for promoting peace and harmony within both the body and the mind.
But we understand that taking on chakra work can feel overwhelming for those who haven’t dipped their toes into the magical pool of healing energy: the chakras. That’s why we’ve created this handy 7-day chakra healing challenge to help you get into the art of chakra work.
This 7-day challenge is also great for anyone who may have gotten overwhelmed by the holidays and forgotten to give their chakras a little love! We’ve created this fun guide to help you feel more positive and upbeat with minimal effort.
You’ll be able to get your chakras aligned in one week without breaking a sweat.
So, if you feel like your energy could use a little sprucing up, keep reading to learn how to easily balance your chakras, one day at a time.
The 7-Day Chakra Healing Challenge
Listen – we understand how stressful the holidays can be, especially after such a challenging year as 2020. That’s why we’ve created this challenge for you – it allows you to set your chakras straight without overwhelming yourself.
Let’s take a look at some easy and fun things you can do each day to pay special attention to those chakras!
Monday: The Root Chakra
Let’s kick off the week with the first chakra, the Root chakra. This is the chakra linked with security and stability, and when it’s balanced, you feel like your life is on track, and everything will be okay.
To balance this chakra, let’s create a fun exercise.
- Envision the color red: This chakra is associated with all shades of red, so when you want to balance it, try surrounding yourself with this hue. You could simply close your eyes and imagine a glowing orb of red light surrounding your body, or try wearing your favorite red sweater or piece of jewelry to help you focus on this color.
- Dance: Dancing helps your feet literally connect to the earth, helping you feel more grounded and secure. Once you’ve got the color red in your mind, try putting your favorite song on and cutting a rug in the living room today.
- Practice yoga: Certain positions correlate with each chakra in the body. To cleanse the Root chakra, try sinking into warrior II, forward fold, or garland pose. Finish off your dancing exercise with a quick yoga flow to open the Root and allow it to blossom.
- Work with crystals: Some crystals connect to each chakra. Try working with red carnelian, red jasper, and bloodstone. You can carry one of these stones in your left pocket to help the energy radiate near your Root chakra all day long.
Together, these techniques may not even take up an hour of your day. Try setting your alarm a bit earlier than normal and creating your own Monday morning routine using these tips and tricks!
For more on the Root chakra, check out this article next: 3 Recipes for Your Root Chakra
Tuesday: The Sacral Chakra
The second chakra of the body is the Sacral chakra, linked to emotions, creativity, passion, and sensuality. When this chakra is balanced, your creative ideas flow freely, and you feel more expressive than ever.
Let’s take a look at a few things you can do throughout Tuesday to get this chakra back on track.
- Focus on orange: The Sacral chakra is connected to the color orange, which is also a color that inspires happiness and inspiration. Try starting your day by painting, drawing, or coloring a picture using different shades of orange. This will not only help you open this chakra, but it will also help your creativity flow even more.
- Surround yourself with healing crystals: While you’re expressing yourself creatively, try placing the crystals all around your body that connect to this chakra. Orange calcite, citrine, and sunstone are some of the best crystals to work with when healing this chakra. Place them evenly around your sacred space to absorb their healing energy.
- Use the Sacral chakra chant: Once you’ve spent some time working with orange and being creative, try winding down with the chant associated with this chakra, which is “vam.” Sit comfortably, close your eyes, and repeat this chant to allow the healing vibration to penetrate the Sacral chakra.
- Finish your routine with a healthy breakfast: There are quite a few foods that connect to the Sacral chakra, and starting your day with a specialized breakfast will help to heal the chakra while also providing your body with energy. Nuts, seeds, carrots, sweet potatoes, oranges, pumpkin, and butternut squash are foods that help heal this chakra.
Starting your day with a routine similar to this will help you feel more energized and balanced, and the best part is that it’s customizable! You can use the ideas above to create your own routine, one that speaks to your spirit.
For more on the Sacral chakra, check out this article next: A Sacral Chakra Healing Guided Meditation
Wednesday: The Solar Plexus Chakra
On Wednesday, we’ll focus on the Solar Plexus, the chakra associated with willpower, self-esteem, and self-love. When your Solar Plexus is functioning properly, you believe in yourself and your capabilities.
Here are a few things you can practice on Wednesday to help this chakra flow!
- Spend time in the sunlight: The Solar Plexus is connected to the color yellow, and one of the easiest ways to soak in golden hues is to spend time in the sun. Set your alarm earlier than usual this morning, make yourself a cup of tea, and go outside to sit in the sunlight for at least 10 minutes. This will also help you soak in vitamin D and feel more refreshed.
- Practice aromatherapy: Certain essential oils and types of incense are connected to the Solar Plexus. When you return from your time in the sunlight, try burning sandalwood incense or placing a drop or two of cinnamon essential oil in your diffuser. These scents will connect to the Solar Plexus and help it find balance.
- Focus on positive affirmations: Because this chakra is associated with personal power, this is an excellent day to remind yourself that you are strong, brilliant, and beautiful. Try repeating positive affirmations throughout the day to lift your spirits and help you feel more confident.
- Create a healing elixir: Crystals like yellow calcite, tiger’s eye, amber, and golden quartz are perfect when balancing the Solar Plexus. Try placing one of these crystals in a glass of purified water for 30 minutes to create a healing elixir that will cleanse the Solar Plexus. Just remember to remove the stone before you begin drinking!
After trying these techniques, you should feel more confident, empowered, and lighter. Your energy will now shine on everything you do today!
For more on the Solar Plexus chakra, check out this article next: 10 Inspiring Affirmations for the Solar Plexus Chakra
Thursday: The Heart Chakra
The Heart chakra is linked to our emotions, our willingness to be vulnerable and intimate with others, and our center of love. When this chakra is blocked, it’s hard to connect to the people we care for.
Try the following routine to balance the Heart chakra today.
- Practice a healing meditation: Get comfortable and imagine you’re standing at the edge of a giant body of water, whether a river, a lake, or the ocean. Now imagine any pain in your heart flowing out of you and into the healing waters, which absorb your pain. Breathe deeply and let the healing energy wash over you.
- Spend time in nature: Once you’ve practiced your healing meditation, try heading to the great outdoors to soak in the energy of Mother Nature, as well as the color green. Green is the color linked to the Heart chakra, and being in a park or near a field of grass is one of the easiest ways to let this color sink into your spirit. Try walking through the park this morning to heal the Heart chakra.
- Wear a piece of malachite or rose quartz jewelry: Malachite and rose quartz are incredibly healing stones that connect to this chakra and wearing a piece of jewelry featuring these crystals will ensure that you’re balancing this chakra all day long. You can also simply place a piece of malachite or rose quartz in your left pocket throughout the day.
- Recite mantras that fill your spirit with love: Creating your own loving mantras to repeat today will help you shift your energy and your focus towards love, balancing the Heart chakra. Try repeating phrases like, “I am love. I am loved, I am loving.” Or, try creating your own mantras!
Following these techniques will help you feel more connected to those around you than ever before. You’ll also amplify your own self-love and confidence.
For more on the Heart chakra, check out this article next: 3 Meals to Heal Your Heart Chakra
Friday: The Throat Chakra
On Friday, we’ll focus on the Throat chakra, the chakra connected to self-expression, communication, and hidden messages. When this chakra is balanced, it’s much easier for you to share your thoughts and ideas with others.
Follow this routine on Friday to help you feel more open and honest.
- Sing a tune or two: Music and singing have healing powers on their own, but singing is particularly connected to the Throat chakra. Try starting the day by putting on a few of your favorite songs – maybe even in the shower – and belting it out! Singing will open your Throat chakra and help you feel more upbeat today.
- Drink a nice cup of tea in the morning: Some of the same activities you’d participate in to heal a sore throat also heal the Throat chakra. Try making yourself a cup of tea with herbs like chamomile, peppermint, skullcap, and borage to help this chakra feel warmer and more comforted.
- Practice neck stretches: Opening up the muscles surrounding your Throat chakra will also help this chakra open up itself. Try stretching your neck in circular motions to help these muscles relaxed, making it easier for you to speak your mind.
- Make time for journaling: Sometimes expressing your feelings on paper is easier than speaking them out loud, and getting them out will take some of the stress off your shoulders when you choose to share your emotions with others. Try to find time to open your journal and let your thoughts and ideas flow today.
After practicing these activities, your Throat chakra should be flowing properly, allowing you to communicate with ease!
For more on the Throat chakra, check out this article next: A Throat Chakra Meditation for Clarity & Confidence
Saturday: The Third Eye Chakra
It’s time now to focus on the Third Eye chakra, the chakra that links to intuition, perception, and consciousness. When the Third Eye is balanced and open, you can hear messages flowing towards you from the universe, making it easier for you to trust your instincts.
- Meditate with labradorite: Labradorite is known both as the Stone of Magic and the Stone of Transformation. It’s one of the most powerful crystals to work with when attempting to enhance your intuition. Try placing a piece of labradorite in your left hand, closing your eyes, and imagining a wave of intuitive light washing over your spirit.
- Make yourself a healing Weekend Smoothie: The Third Eye is associated with the color indigo, and certain fruits and berries perfectly align with the energy of this chakra. Try making yourself a smoothie with blueberries, blackberries, and even purple carrots to help heal both your body and your Third Eye this Saturday.
- Light a healing candle: Essential oils like rosemary and frankincense are closely connected to the visionary Third Eye chakra. Try lighting a frankincense or rosemary candle and focusing your vision on the flame. You can even practice moving the flame with your energy to connect more deeply to your intuitive center.
- Listen to your body: One of the easiest ways to deepen your connection to your intuition and your Third Eye is by listening to the calls of your body. It’s Saturday, and you may have the day off. Is your body asking for excitement and action or rest and relaxation? You’ll have to trust your instincts to finish your chakra healing routine today.
This is the perfect day to trust your body and mind. Close your eyes and ask yourself, ask the deepest part of your center, what you need today.
For more on the Third Eye chakra, check out this article next: Unlock Your Intuition With Your Third Eye Chakra
Sunday: The Crown Chakra
Finally, Sunday is the day to focus on the Crown chakra, our spiritual center, and creates a bridge between yourself and the realm beyond. Healing the Crown chakra helps you feel more connected to the energy of the universe and the collective unconscious.
- Declutter your home: Today is Sunday, which is already a great day for weekly cleaning. But we’re sure you’ve heard the quote, “Cleanliness is next to Godliness.” Tidying your surroundings will help you feel less distracted by the material world and more connected to the spiritual realm. So, start the day by spending a few hours organizing and beautifying your home to nurture your Crown chakra.
- Learn about new spiritual ideals: Our lives are so busy that it might be hard to find time to learn about new spiritual practices and ideals, so make time today to do your own research. Sometimes simply focusing on the spiritual aspects of life helps to bring us closer to the celestial energy surrounding us.
- Practice energy work: Any type of energy work can help you clear and balance the Crown chakra. Try Reiki cleansing, yoga, acupuncture, or the Emotional Freedom Technique to clear your spirit of any toxic or negative energy today.
- Take a bubble bath: Sometimes, what your body and mind need most at the end of a long week is a healing soak to clear your energy. Try running yourself a bubble bath today, complete with a lavender bath bomb, your favorite music, and maybe even a glass of wine. Letting go of the stress of the week will help you sink into your spiritual center, allowing the Crown chakra to blossom.
By the time you’re finished with your cleansing soak, you should feel more refreshed and connected to the universe than ever.
For more on the Crown chakra, check out this article next: 8 Uplifting Affirmations for the Crown Chakra
Heal Your Chakras in 7 Days
While the task of chakra cleansing can seem intimidating if you’re trying to take care of all seven chakras in one day, it can seem much easier to tackle when you break your chakra work up into smaller parts. You may even find that you enjoy these routines so much that you choose to practice them each and every week!
Taking care of your chakras is very important for maintaining mental, emotional, and spiritual balance. And you deserve to take the time and space for these healing techniques.
What could you accomplish with seven fully-healed, balanced, and functioning chakras?
Continue on your chakra healing journey with: Which Chakras Should You Heal in Pairs?