Healing Meals For Your Crown Chakra: Feed Your Body Friday
Our Crown chakra is located at the top of our head, representing unity, truth, spirituality, and knowledge. The 7th chakra is about self-realization and connection to the world around us, meaning that an unbalanced Crown chakra can lead to feelings of confusion and disconnection.
When looking into how we can feed our chakras, the Crown chakra is interesting as it is more about fasting and detoxifying than about the actual food. It focuses more on the spiritual aspect of our bodies and minds, as detoxing foods can help our body flush out toxins, boost our energy, and clear our mind.
On The Chakra Menu Today…
Today we have 3 delicious detox recipes for you. Starting with a simple and fresh green juice that you can make in your blender, followed by a hearty and comforting vegetable soup, and finishing off with a deliciously simple detox salad made with all green ingredients and quinoa to add more protein to the dish.
Detox Green Juice
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 cucumber
- 4 granny smith apples (or another green apple of your choosing)
- 1 lemon
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- Optional: 1 (1-inch) piece of peeled ginger
- Optional: 2 cups of kale.
- Peel, seed and cut the cucumber into pieces and add to your blender.
- Peel the apples, seed them, and dice them into 1-inch cubes. Add these and any of your other optional veggies/fruits to your blender next.
- Next, juice your lemon and add it to the blender.
- Finally, add your mint leaves and blend until smooth. (We recommend using your liquify setting on your blender)
- Serve in two tall glasses and enjoy.
Tip: If you want to avoid vegetable pulp, strain your mixture throw a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth before serving. Press the pulp to get all the liquid out.
Detox Vegetable Soup
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- ¾ cup cauliflower florets
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of 28 ounces of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and green pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Next add the carrot, celery, cauliflower, and garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Then, add the diced tomatoes, broth, and spices to your pot. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Once it begins to boil, reduce to simmer for 25 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- When ready to serve divide your soup into separate bowls, garnish with parsley, and enjoy.
Modification: This recipe can be served hot or chilled depending on taste preferences.
Do you love soup? You’ll love this comfort food style Hearty Vegetable Soup Recipe.
Detox Green Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups Arugula
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 green apples chopped
- 1 cup of celery
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook your quinoa…
- Rinse your quinoa by running it under cold water for 30 seconds. It is recommended to do this in a colander.
- Put your one cup of uncooked quinoa in a pot with 2 cups of water (When doubling, stick to the 1:2 ratio).
- Bring this to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes (or when all the water is absorbed).
- Remove the pot from the heat and cover, allow it to steam for 5 minutes while you prepare the rest of your salad.
Optional: If desired, you can stir a drizzle of olive oil and some freshly grated garlic into your quinoa before adding to the salad. This is add more flavor to your quinoa and the salad as a whole.
Prep your salad and dressing…
- Rinse your arugula, apples, and celery.
- First, place your arugula in a large bowl.
- Next, chop your apples and celery into bite-sized pieces. Add them to the bowl.
- Finally, add your pumpkin seeds to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the avocado oil and lemon juice to create your dressing.
- Add your cooked quinoa and dressing to the large bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together and add your salt and pepper to taste.
- Separate into bowls, serve immediately, and enjoy!
If you feel that your Crown chakra is blocked or unbalanced, you will feel better by doing a gentle detox such as this one. This means switching your focus onto nourishing your mind, body. and soul with the cleanest foods and freshest vegetables and fruits possible. A clean, whole-foods based diet is a great way to start.
Let’s raise our vibrations with this Essential Healing Meditation for Your Crown Chakra.