Balance Your Third Eye Chakra With These 3 Meals
This chakra is responsible for intuition and the mind due to its location on the body. It is necessary to properly maintain it to maintain inner guidance, helping you reach your goals without difficulty. It is the energetic center of intelligence and intuition.
To unlock your Third Eye chakra, there are several effective techniques. The first is healthy living–your energy levels are directly governed by your food choices.
Eat properly and fuel your body with the right ingredients. Intuitive, mindful eating is governed by the Third Eye chakra, so you’ll find overall balance and happiness by giving it what it wants.
Let’s dive into the best ingredients you should be eating to balance your Third Eye chakra.
Balance Your Third Eye Chakra With These Foods
Dark chocolate helps with mental clarity and triggers the release of serotonin–the feel-good hormone.
The flavonoids in cocoa have been shown to improve blood flow to the brain–the site of this charka. Plus, the magnesium in cocoa helps relieve stress and promote relaxation.
2. “Indigo” Foods
Because the Third Eye chakra is associated with the color indigo, a mix of deep blue and purple, it is good to let this guide the foods you choose. These shades represent wisdom, mystery, faith, and loyalty.
Some examples include:
- Purple cabbage
- Purple kale
- Purple sweet potato
3. Foods Rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Looking to boost your brainpower? Omega 3s are critical to brain function due to their chemical makeup. They are also great for your heart and skin! So dive into these ingredients for an all-around boost:
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
With these in mind, we’ve created some mouthwatering recipes with ingredients to balance your Third Eye chakra. Read on!
Stuffed Caprese Eggplant
Is it a mini pizza? No, it’s even better–it’s a stuffed Caprese eggplant.
If you don’t believe me when I tell you how good it is, try it out for yourself! Who doesn’t love the simplicity of tomatoes with mozzarella cheese? But we’ve given you a guilt-free twist with a vegetable for its base.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 eggplant
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella, in slices
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Wash your fresh ingredients (tomatoes, basil, and eggplants).
- Start by cutting your eggplants into slices about 1/2 inch in thickness (as pictured).
- With a brush, brush slices with olive oil on both sides.
- In an oven-safe pan, over medium-high heat, cook the eggplants for 3-5 minutes on both sides.
- While your eggplant is cooking, cut your cherry tomatoes in half.
- Once the eggplants are done cooking, top with mozzarella and then your halved tomatoes.
- Place in your oven under the broiler for 5 minutes until you see the mozzarella melt and your tomatoes deflate.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh basil, and serve.
No-Bake Cocoa & Blueberry Energy Bites
This recipe combines the best elements of the Third Eye chakra into a yummy snack that is sure to give you energy. This is a great recipe for snack prep. Once you make it, it keeps in the refrigerator for at least one week or three weeks if frozen.
Feel free to switch out the blueberries for another Third Eye-friendly indigo-colored berry such as blackberries or haskaps.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Wait Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 10 bites
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dry blueberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- The zest of one lemon & the juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Add the cashews to your food processor and pulse it until you get a fine texture.
- Next, add dates and blueberries to the processor and combine well.
- Then, add the zest, lemon juice, and vanilla. Mix again.
- Once you have a smooth texture, you can use a tablespoon to scoop the mix into little balls. Place on a wax-covered baking sheet.
- Once all your energy balls have been formed, put your tray into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove your energy balls from the sheet and store them in an airtight container in your fridge or freezer until ready to enjoy.
Energy Ball Tip
You can start snacking on these before putting them in the fridge (step 5). They will still be delicious and edible. They just might not be as solid or “cookie-esque.”
Did you love these? Well, you’ll love our recipe for Lemon Energy Balls (they’re delicious).
Ginger & Garlic Tofu
A classic that is so simple yet so flavorful. This tofu treat can be eaten on its own or with lots of green vegetables (or purple-colored green veggies like purple kale or cabbage!) and a bed of jasmine rice.
Also, you’ll want to write down the ingredients for the marinade because once you try this, you’ll want to put it on everything!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Wait Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 block of firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Press your tofu to remove moisture.
- Once pressed, place the tofu and all the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- If you plan to make rice or any accompaniments, this is the perfect time to get those started. We recommend broccoli and bok choi as being the perfect pairings for this dish.
- Once the tofu is done marinating, heat your canola oil in a pan and fry the tofu for 5 minutes on each side. Flip when golden brown.
- Serve the tofu on rice with steamed vegetables, use it in a fresh rice-paper spring roll, or on a sandwich with your other favorite ingredients.
When cooking tofu, ensure that you are not overcrowding the pan. You’ll want to give it space and leave it undisturbed for around 4-5 minutes to get the perfect golden brown look and texture.
You can also marinate the tofu overnight–the longer it marinates, the more flavorful it will be.
Are you thinking, “gimme more tofu?” We got you covered: Try this delicious Weekend Tofu Stir Fry Recipe.
Don’t Hesitate: Feed Your Chakras
Our Third Eye chakra is important when it comes to wellness. When it is in balance, we are in touch with our intuition, emotions, and peace in our meditative minds.
Want more? Try these 3 Recipes for Your Sacral Chakra