Feed Your Body Friday: Raspberry Bars
Who doesn’t get a sweet tooth every now and then? We all do, right? However, it’s always preferable to satisfy our temptation for sweet with something that is healthy and homemade. Yes, rather than buying expensive protein bars from the grocery store or those yummy chocolate oat bars from Starbucks, now you can make your own sweet raspberry oat bars from the comfort of your own kitchen.
Not only is it good for you, these raspberry oat bars are a super easy recipe to satiate your craving for sweets. It takes just under an hour to prepare them and you end up with about 16 individual servings.
To make these healthy raspberry oat bars you will need raspberry jam. You can either buy a jar of your favourite jam from the grocery store or you can make it yourself. Using oats, which contain large amounts of soluble and insoluble fibers, provides beneficial effects for the digestive system. Indeed, fibers aid the intestines in digestion in addition to making you feel fuller quicker.
These raspberry oat bars aren’t just for dessert, they’re even a healthy snack that you can munch on anytime. Instead of grabbing chips or cookies, go for this healthy alternative!
Servings: 16 bars
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup raspberry jam (homemade or storebought)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With the mixer, cream butter with brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- In a food processor, mix oatmeal until you have a fine texture (like flour)
- In a bowl, add the oatmeal, the baking powder, and the butter. Mix well.
- Line an 8” square baking pan with parchment paper and spread half of the oatmeal mixture over it. Equalize the surface by pressing down with the back of a spoon.
- Cover the surface evenly with jam. Spread the rest of the oatmeal mixture on top and even out the surface.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut into 16 squares.
These raspberry squares without peanuts or other nuts and without eggs are a delicious treat. They are super tender, plus they will sustain you through even your busiest days.
Related Article: Feed Your Body Friday: Lemon Energy Balls