How to Make 5 Delicious At-Home Coffee Recipes
Since National Coffee Day is coming up, we’re focusing on the many ways that you can create with coffee flavors!
Coffee does not have a reputation for being
Learn more about coffee consumption’s benefits and negatives in How Caffeine Affects Your Brain.
Let’s get brewing!
Dark Chocolate Coffee Cake Recipe
Coffee pairs beautifully with dark chocolate. Talk about having your cake and eating it, too!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup strong coffee (you can use the leftovers from the coffee you had in the morning!)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup of black quality chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup powder sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter and flour a round mold. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer, whisk the butter with the sugar for 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at the time and mix well between each addition.
- Add the coffee, flour, and baking powder, and mix well.
- Pour the coffee mixture into the mold.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the tip of a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- Wait 5 minutes before un-molding to let cake cool at room temperature.
- Melt the chocolate chips at a low temperature in a small saucepan.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cake, let it cool once again, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
Are you excited about the return of fall to enjoy a good pumpkin spice latte? Since the versions at the coffee shop are
expensive and full of sugar, we’ve come up with a much less expensive and healthier version.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
For the coffee:
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup espresso
- whipping cream
For the pumpkin spice topping:
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Add your milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, and vanilla in a cup/mason jar with a fork. Mix and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove your mixture from the microwave and stir, put back in for 1 minute.
- In your mug, add the espresso (or 1/2 brewed coffee).
- Next, add your milk mixture on top of your coffee.
- If you haven’t already, combine your cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg together to create your pumpkin topping.
- Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with your pumpkin spice, and enjoy!
Everyone loves a good iced coffee in summer - why not take it one step further and make your own coffee milkshake?
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup cold brew
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Optional: Syrup or cocoa powder for flavoring.
The night before…
- Brew your cold brew coffee in a drink pitcher, put in the fridge, and leave for 20 hours to steep. (Alternatively, you can just use cold coffee)
- Pour the cold coffee and milk into a blender.
- Add vanilla ice cream (and any of your optional flavorings).
- Mix until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more milk.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
It’s Turmeric Time!
Drumrolls, please! It’s time to try some turmeric coffee recipes. Beware, you’re about to fall in love this Turmeric Coffee!
Is Turmeric Coffee Healthy?
It’s time to spice up your coffee. Let’s start with the bright yellow spice aka turmeric that is usually tucked at the very end of your spice tray in the kitchen.
Turmeric has some amazing antioxidant properties that will surprise you. One of its major health benefits includes anti-inflammatory properties. Its anti-inflammatory effects are compared to NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs). Research has also demonstrated the potential usage of turmeric for a range of issues such as pre-menstrual tension, Alzheimer’s disease, and arthritis.
The fascinating benefits of turmeric don’t just stop there; some studies show that one of the active ingredients in turmeric can improve cognitive performance as well.
The addition of turmeric to your food and beverages isn’t just linked to its health benefits; it makes it stand out among all other types of teas and coffees. The underlying flavor of honey or maple syrup blends with the dark coffee flavor so well that it will make you smack your lips in contentment.
Turmeric Latte Recipe
Are you ready to jazz up your mornings with this mouthwatering coffee? Try it and you’ll feel the magic unfolding on your taste buds!
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup espresso
- 1 tsp cup honey
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Measure out your non-dairy milk and pour it into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Avoid boiling the milk and stir often while it heats.
- Once the milk is hot, add the turmeric, cinnamon, and honey. Then switch your burner down to simmer and let your spices infuse for 5 minutes.
- Using a milk frother, emulsify your milk until it is as frothy as you'd like it. (If you do not have a frother, use a mason jar instead - shake your milk and get that froth!)
- Prepare your espresso in your espresso maker or with instant. Add your 1/2 cup of espresso to the bottom of the mug and move to the next step quickly.
- Next, add your milk on top of the espresso by tipping your glass slightly and slowly pouring it into the mug.
- Tip your glass slightly and slowly pour the mixture back into the mug.
- Serve and enjoy.
Tumeric Cappuccino Recipe
If you want to spice it up a little more, add a kiss of cinnamon to it! It will flirt with your taste buds and make you fall – irrevocably and irresistibly! Simply delicious!
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 5 min
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ cup black coffee
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- Pour a coffee into a tall glass.
- Mix with maple syrup.
- Pour the milk into a milk frother.
- Add the spices.
- Froth the milk.
- Pour over the coffee.
- Enjoy hot.
Time For Your Coffee Break
We hope that you have fun with these recipes on National Coffee Day and every other day of the year. You don’t need fancy coffees or espresso machines to make these, a tin of pre-ground or instant coffee will do, if that’s what you have on hand.
It’s important to note that the taste of these recipes can also
Have fun with it! We can’t wait to see what you brew.
Want coffee without all the extra sugar (and that you can have on keto)? Try this Homemade Bulletproof Coffee Recipe.