Try This Creamy Avocado Pasta for National Avocado Day
In a salad, spread on a slice of multigrain bread, or in a creamy dip with chips, avocado is a universally loved food. We’re huge fans of this healthy fat, so we’ve created a recipe for you so you can eat it even more!
The best part?
This avocado sauce can be eaten hot (as we will be making it here with pasta or vegetables) or cold as a creamy salad dressing. This recipe can also easily be made gluten-free with the substitution of brown rice pasta–or your favorite kind of gluten-free pasta.
Not sure what to make mid-week and want something simple and quick?
Whip this recipe out for a heart-healthy 20-minute meal. The hardest part will be remembering to make sure you’ve ripened your avocados on the counter for a couple of days beforehand.
Now let’s dig in!
How to Make Creamy Avocado Pasta
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup of pasta of your choice (for this recipe, I used fusilli)
- 2 large, ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 tsp grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook and drain the pasta as indicated on the packaging.
- In a blender or processor, blend the avocados, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, parmesan cheese, basil, and parsley.
- Add the avocado sauce to the pasta.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
The next time you want to eat good creamy pasta, forget the heavy butter and cream. Instead, indulge in this creamy avocado sauce. You’ll still have all the richness and plenty of taste!
In addition to the monosaturated fats and heaps of vitamins and nutrients, avocados contain many antioxidants and dietary fiber.
Enjoy this delicious, nutrition-packed recipe for dinner soon. Just remember to ripen your avos.
Can’t get enough avocado? Try this recipe next: Edamame & Avocado Dip with Pita Chips