Feed Your Body Friday: Chickpea Salad Sandwich
It’s World Vegan Month! To celebrate, let’s make a delicious vegan treat that doesn’t require hours of prep. This tasty chickpea salad is the perfect alternative to your typical egg or chicken salad, while also providing a perfect amount of protein in every bite.
This recipe is perfect for those days when you really don’t want to cook. It’s the best because I always have all the ingredients on hand and it’s done in a short time. Also, this mixture is also easily customizable: you can add diced peppers, olives, or replace mayo with hummus if your heart desires!
But wait, there’s more! You can eat this chickpea spread in two different ways! You can enjoy it at lunch with a green tea in hand or you can spread your toast in the morning with your first coffee or a cup of orange juice on the side.
To make this recipe all you need to do is to crush the chickpeas into a thick paste and mix it with
Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 can (425 g) chickpeas, drained and well rinsed
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise or hummus
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. dill
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Veggies: lettuce, tomato, green peppers, or really anything you’d want to add to a sandwich.
- Bread: A bun, tortilla, a piece of bread, or any other carb-y vessel you desire to eat the chickpea salad off of.
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl and crush them with a potato masher or fork.
- In the same bowl, add the other ingredients and mix everything together.
- Put the chickpea salad mixture on your choice of bread and add sandwich toppings.
Like this recipe? Also, try Feed Your Body Friday: Edamame & Avocado Dip with Pita Chips
This tasty vegan sandwich is a delicious source of protein for those who don’t eat meat or are trying to eat fewer meat products. You don’t have to be a vegan to enjoy this recipe, and it’s a great way to treat yourself and loved ones! Also, if you need a vegan dessert to follow, try this recipe for Vegan Chocolate Mousse.