Asparagus & Chickpea Soup Recipe: Feed Your Body Friday
Hi everyone! Happy Friday!! Ready for another edition of Feed Your Body Friday? Let’s end your week off with this delicious recipe that incorporates a vegetable coming back into season: asparagus!
It’s green, it’s fresh and ready in 30 minutes! You can serve this soup with
Asparagus & Chickpea Soup Recipe
Ready in: 30 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 red onion chopped
- 3 cups asparagus cut into small pieces
- 1 cup chickpea cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- In a saucepan, sauté the asparagus and onions in olive oil over low heat for 10 minutes
- Add the chickpeas and cook for about 2 minutes
- Add the vegetable broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium-low
- Simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes
- Using a food processor or a small hand mixer, puree until you have a smooth texture
- Add the coconut milk
The marriage of the asparagus and the chickpea is to die for! The velvety smooth texture of this soup is absolutely perfect.
In addition, I was pleased to learn that green asparagus is an excellent source of folate and vitamin K (Excellent for osteoporosis) and has more antioxidants and higher quality properties than onion, pepper or even broccoli. No doubt, the asparagus has every reason to be cooked!