Feed Your Body Friday: Spicy Turkey Stir Fry
As we often are left with a lot of turkey meat the day after a big holiday, why not use the leftovers to make a delicious recipe? This Spicy Turkey Stir Fry is quick to prepare and delicious to eat.
This is a perfect recipe for a day where you want to take it easy after the festivities, and the best part is that you can use all the extra vegetables you have in the fridge!
Just take out the leftover turkey of the fridge, cut up some fresh vegetables, stir-fry everything with a quick homemade sauce, and voila! You end up with a tasty and healthy meal.
Spicy Turkey Stir Fry Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tsp. sesame oil, divided
- 3/4 cup turkey leftovers, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. sambal oelek
- 1 bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 8 baby bok choy
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Combine broth, soy sauce, and garlic, cornstarch and sambal oelek in a small bowl. Stir until cornstarch dissolves. Set aside.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add sesame oil and vegetables to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, add water chestnuts, and stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Increase heat to high and stir broth mixture that we made in step one.
- Next, add leftover turkey. Bring contents to a boil; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Preparation tip: It’s important to add the already cooked turkey at the last minute while making this recipe to avoid drying it out.
I know it’s not always appetizing to eat the leftovers! My boys always used to frown when they would find out we were eating leftovers, so it pushed me to be more creative and transform them into appetizing dishes that keep my little monsters will be happy.
To my surprise, I discovered that there are full of recipes possibilities that are more delicious than the others. So keep your leftovers and get creative!
Try this next: Thanksgiving Leftovers Buddha Bowl