Your Anxiety Can Come From Your Environment: How to Release it
I wish I had known this growing up. When people around us are negative, fight, complain or don’t even say anything but are brooding with anger, we can pick up on their vibes and it can create anxiety in us. This is because we are creatures of energy.
We pick up on the movements of the moon as well as the energy of the people we are around. It’s very empowering to discover that a lot of our feelings are not our own but it’s even more empowering to understand how to clear those negative vibes.
Ever been around someone who was super positive and you notice how great you feel in their presence? You feel hopeful and excited about life. Alternatively, when we are around a person with a lot of unconscious emotional strife, we feel bad, really bad.
Unless of course, we have tools to notice the other person’s energy and consciously redirect our own attention. The law is, energy flows where attention goes. This opens up the next aspect of how our environment affects us, the group consciousness of an area affects us too.
We are hit by the anger or anxiety flowing through the air as rivers of consciousness. However, we can release these feelings with simple tools I’m going to teach you right now.
Here are five simple ways to identify where you’re anxiety is coming from:
1. Ask yourself where your anxiety is coming from and see if something comes to mind. If it’s something you’ve been putting off, start it. Maybe it’s your diet or not eating. Maybe it’s that you’re discontent with your work and your body is saying it’s time for a change.
However, often it’s something from our environment that’s not ours and you can ask whose anxiety this is if it doesn’t seem like something from you. Have you been sleeping enough and drinking enough water? We often feel anxious if we are deprived of either of those.
2. Look at what’s going on astrologically by visiting www.cafeastrology.com and read the small pink box on the homepage when you scroll down on the right. It will tell you if a major astrological aspect could be making you worry. Check out @astrologyanswers on Instagram for another daily update which might clue you into the source of your angst.
3. Consider the energy of the people you are around at work and at home. Are they positive or have they been stressed lately? This can help you identify if you’re picking up on someone else’s stuff so you can let it go.
When you figure out where it came from, wash your hands up to your elbows with the intention to let the negativity go down the drain after it leaves your body.
4. If you’re not exercising at all, your body is probably creating your anxiety. Get a good power walk in, do a yoga class or make up your own routine and see if your anxiety was just stagnant energy and lack of endorphins.
5. The area where you live has rivers of consciousness. What is the culture you live in like? Are they aggressive? Anxious? You can notice the way they think will come into your mind and make you think it’s your own thought. Notice how your thoughts shift when you leave a certain area and go somewhere else.
The belief systems are in these rivers of consciousness and often the lower vibration areas hard for empathic people to live in.
Here are five simple ways to clear the negativity you pick up:
1. Burn sage or incense to clear your aura. This helps to cleanse your energy field and you can sense a difference right away. Use your intention to release any negative energy in your energy field as you move the smoke around your body.
2. Take a salt bath to cleanse your aura. This can help in a major way to cancel the energetic imprints you’ve picked up that can be draining you. This can build up over the course of a few days and leave you feeling drained. This will help you recover your energy.
3. Mentally say, “I give back anything that is not mine in past, present and future.” This will send the energy back where it came from, so you can feel light and clear once again. You may have been holding onto your mother’s pain for years unconsciously and you can let this go by affirming it’s not yours.
This doesn’t hurt anyone, it just gives you your energy back so you can help people from an elevated place.
4. Get a reiki session if you feel you need some assistance. Reiki practitioners are used to helping people with this and they can often use their intuition to help you identify what person’s issues have been draining your vital energy. This can even be done at a distance.
5. Ask Archangel Michael to cut your chords. This is a common technique I’ve found helpful. Visualize his sword cutting the energetic cords that connect you to others on all sides of you. This can help you drop your unhealthy attachments to people from your past or those who don’t deserve your energy.
This is about psychic connections that we may not even be aware of. Try it and see how you feel!
Your body is intelligent and you will be able to figure out why you feel off if you just sit with yourself in meditation. The answer may surprise you. Sometimes you’ll find something you’re very used to is creating anxiety in your life and your body was kindly trying to tell you to get rid of it.
Sometimes it’s just a negative attitude you’ve picked up from someone else and you can train yourself to think positive with practice, intention and ‘yes’ notes to yourself. Sometimes it’s environmental energy sitting in your aura and you can do breath work to let that stuff go!
I like to do 30 minutes of breath of fire each day to keep my anxiety under control. I also have sage on hand, mantras to calm the nerves and valerian root which can help calm anxiety that could be hereditary. Valerian is one herb that can help reduce anxiety which may be coming from a variety of sources. Kava kava is another great one.
The more we create habits that calm us and clear our aura, the less anxiety we will have. It’s about balancing our goals with relaxing, creating relationships with positive people and then paying attention to our own thoughts and directing them positively.
Finally, we need adequate water, sleep and nutrients to feel okay too. One more word for the wise, crystals are a great tool to help protect your aura and clear it, especially black tourmaline, black obsidian, labradorite, blue kyanite and selenite).
Practice the art of WGAF which means that even if someone is mad at you or doesn’t like you, you know your positive energy is more powerful than anything and you don’t have to think about them.
I’m not worried about someone wishing ill on me because I have the power of my words to overcome anxiety. This is a powerful creation tool that we can call magic. I use magical spell casting of positive words like, “I feel so happy all the time,” or “Everyday is a great day,” or “I am the calm within the storm like a vast ocean of peaceful water.”
Find an affirmation you can easily remember. When I was learning about this, a healer told me to say, “Only positive energy is allowed around me,” and visualize steel or bricks around bright, white light that surrounds me. I also do the breath work everyday to move those negative charges out using prana which is the same energy used in reiki.