Feed Your Body Friday: Spinach & Goat Cheese Pizza Cauliflower Crust
Why are people obsessed with adding cauliflower to everything? Because it’s delicious, of course!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust is healthy and delicious with a variety of toppings! For this specific recipe, I will make the crust with one of my favorite pizza combos: baby spinach, goat cheese, and cherry tomatoes.
If you desire, you can vary the toppings by adding the ingredients of your choice, I suggest olives, sun-dried tomatoes, prosciutto, or arugula for this specific pizza. You can also vary the cheese according to the chosen garnish, be imaginative!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust with Spinach & Goat Cheese Toppings
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 cauliflower head
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 handfuls of spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
Tip: If you want you can add a little turmeric during the preparation to give it a nice golden color.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into small bouquets and place them in a food processor.
- Pulse until you have a granulate texture (like couscous).
- Bring a pan of salted water to a boil. Cook the cauliflower for 3 minutes then place it in a clean cloth.
- Tighten the cloth well to drain all the water.
- In a salad bowl, mix the cauliflower, eggs, Parmesan, cheddar and chopped basil leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix until you form a cauliflower paste.
- Once you have your paste, spread it on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper to the desired size and shape of your pizza. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the crust cooks, prepare your ingredients.
- Wash the spinach leaves and sauté with the onion for 5 minutes.
- Once the dough is done, spread the spinach and onions (and other toppings) on the pizza dough and add the cherry tomatoes
- Crumble the Goat Cheese over the dough.
- Return to the 350˚F oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Make sure you eat it immediately after you cook it. It is delicious but unfortunately, if it’s left too long the dough will get soggy.
When I made this recipe everyone at the table was surprised by how much they loved it and, even better, they asked for more! Not to mention that for parents out there (as I am one myself), this is the perfect option to make everyone eat healthier without knowing it and a great way to pass vegetables to your kids.
Additionally, This pizza is not only healthy, but it’s also Keto friendly for those who follow this diet. So why not try a new twist on an old comfort-food favorite?
When making this, you may find that there are several recipes for the crust with more or fewer eggs/more or less cheese but in this case, I chose to try a light version, but the results were amazing, so I’d recommend trying this version first and building up as your desire.
Want more cauliflower in your diet? Try this recipe next: Cauliflower Burrito Bowl Recipes