It’s so hot during the summer that we often don’t want to cook using our oven, but that doesn’t mean that you should deprive yourself of cookies! Today we are going to be making one of my favorites - without preheating an oven.
This recipe uses honey instead of sugar for a more natural sweetness, so besides being quick and simple, these cookies are fairly healthy! Finally, a little treat with which we can feast without any guilt! I’m telling you, the peanut butter enthusiasts will find their nirvana by crunching in these delicious cookies featuring their favorite food!
Love Peanut Butter? Try this Homemade Peanut Butter Cup Recipe.
Tips for Making These Peanut Butter Cookies
- Make sure to mix your peanut butter well before you use it because if you use a natural one, most of the oil is often found at the top of the jar.
- If you can’t have peanut butter (or don’t like it) you can also use almond butter, Nutella, or cashew butter instead.
- You can also omit the Rice Krispies, and add a little more oats to prevent your cookies from being too soft instead.
- If you make a large batch of these, you can freeze them for up to 1 month in the freezer and take them out whenever you want a treat.
- When forming your cookies on the baking sheet, wet your hand a little bit to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
Prep time: 25 minutes
Serving: 24 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups natural peanut butter (or alternative butter of your choosing)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups quick oat
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat the peanut butter and honey to make the mixture smooth.
- Once smooth, add the vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- In the same bowl, add the Rice Krispies, the oats, and the hemp seeds. Mix until the mixture is combined and moist.
- Add wax paper to a baking sheet in preparation for scooping.
- Using either a teaspoon, ice cream scoop, or your hands, make small balls with the mixture and shape it into a round cookie.
- Put your cookies in the fridge and let cool. Once they are set, they are ready to eat.
- Keep in the fridge and enjoy!
Do you have any favorite no-bake cookie recipes? If so let us know, we are always interested in trying new treats that don’t require baking!
Try This Next: Flourless Banana Almond Cookie Recipe