Craving something sweet? We’ve got the treat for you!
These coconut cookies are perfect because they are delicious and done in no time - practically only one step. Besides been so easy to prepare, they are actually a great healthy alternative to store-bought cookies that may feel more convenient than making your own. No fear - your no-bake cookie recipe is here (with coconut yumminess)!
The coconut, the fruit of the coconut palm, which is one of the oldest trees in the world, has long suffered from a bad reputation: a food rich in calories, saturated fatty acids suspected of raising bad cholesterol levels, and to be harmful to cardiovascular health.
In short, it didn’t have the reputation of being the best ally of a balanced diet, but now all that is part of the past, and the coconut is gaining more and more in popularity.
Why You Should Add More Coconut To Your Diet
- Coconut is rich in antioxidants, consuming coconut helps the body to rid itself of free radicals, parasites and to fight inflammation.
- Coconut is a food rich in nutrients, vitamins, and magnesium: an essential building block for the human body, especially for maintaining heart function, bone health, and good blood pressure.
- Coconut contains a significant amount of zinc, vitamins B3 and folate. Zinc is a mineral that is essential for growth, immune system balance, and reproduction.
- Raw coconut has lots of vitamin B5 which is essential for our nervous system and adrenal glands. This vitamin B5 also regulates adrenaline and insulin.
So now you know that coconut can be healthy for you! Plus it has a high amount of dietary fiber makes it easy to calm hunger and appetite.
Loving these benefits? Add more coconut to your grocery list and try this Coconut & Turmeric Smoothie recipe.
No-Bake Coconut Cookie Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Chill Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened grated coconut
- ¾ cups Medjool dates pitted
- 1 lemon
- Zest and juice your lemon in preparation, reserve.
- First, add the cashews to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the cashews are finely chopped.
- Next, add the grated coconut, dates, lemon juice, and zest to the processor. Pulse until you obtain a sticky dough.
- Using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop, scoop out your dough into little balls on a baking tray.
- One-by-one, smoosh every ball down into a cookie shape and sprinkle with extra grated coconut if desired.
- Put your cookie tray in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to allow them to settle.
- Once done, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy!
These no-bake coconut cookies are sure to make everyone happy. Drop them in the kids’ lunchbox or next to the office coffee maker to receive a shower of compliments, or just keep them to yourself!
Have you tried coconut oil? Find out how coconut oil will improve your life!