How Chocolate Will Help You Blast Through Fear
“So you mean to tell me that by drinking chocolate, I can heal my body, mind, and spirit while also blasting away fear?”
Yes, my friend, this is the moment we have all been waiting for. It is true. However, this chocolate we are talking about is not just a chocolate bar that you purchase at the store (or even a health food store). Ceremonial cacao is chocolate in its purest form, and it contains powerful healing properties on multiple levels.
Oh, and it is delicious.
In the dictionary, the definition of fear is “an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.” When we are experiencing fear, we are having a fight or flight reaction to something new in our lives. Cacao can help us to feel safe and supported so that we can lean into the new and expansive opportunities coming into our lives.
What is Ceremonial Cacao?
Cacao is known as The Sacred Food of the Gods in Mayan culture. They drink it at celebrations and weddings and also bring it to conversations that may be a bit difficult to work through. This is because cacao is a sacred medicine of the heart - it helps us to be able to open our hearts, explore our inner worlds, and share our truest essence with the world. The Mayans believe that we are extensions of the elements (Earth, Air, Water, Fire), and when we are able to tap into each of those pieces of ourselves, we can flow more with the seasons of life. And when we can allow ourselves to surrender to the flow and change of life, it makes moving into the unknown easier.
Cacao nourishes and heals us on a physical level due to its high magnesium content. Many of us live with a magnesium deficiency, so working with cacao can help bring us back into balance. When you drink cacao, you become more relaxed, grounded, and light. This creates a space for us to tap into our heart and be comfortable in ourselves and our truth. It also helps to heal us on an emotional level, tapping into our emotions and heartspace. Creating space to feel what is ready to be heard and expressed with the world is a key component is breaking through your fear. This is a high vibrational food, so the vibrations that it carries is helping to raise your vibration elevating you into manifestation mode.
Momma cacao is also great at helping us deepen into meditation and experience our inner-world to get to our truth. Cacao helps us to clearly express ourselves and emotions so that clarity can come through. Once we have clarity and are able to visualize what we desire and need, then the Universe is clear on what it needs to send you to assist in creating this reality. Fear is a wall and a series of illusions that the ego creates to try to keep us safe. Its intentions are good, but keeping us safe makes us stay small.
You are here to take up space, to be great, to continue to expand endlessly.
When we are able to get out of our minds and get into the heartspace, we can let the wisdom of the heart speak and lead the way. On the other side of fear is love. Cacao is an amazing medicine to work with to open yourself to love. With that said, you do not have to wait until you have cacao in your hand to start blasting through your fears. Here is a practice you can work with to begin making friends with your fear and blasting the walls down.
Practice To Make Friends With Your Fear
- Create a comfortable and sacred space for yourself in your home. Maybe put on some soothing music, light a candle, gather a journal and pen, etc. If you do not have a space created in your home yet for meditation and reflection, this article is a great starting point.
- Get cozy in your space and bring your focus to the sensation of your breath moving in and out of your body. Observe if you are holding any tension in your body; then, on an exhale, try to let that breath go into that space, releasing.
- Place your hands on your heart and breathe into the heartspace.
- When ready, ask yourself, “What am I afraid of?” or “What am I letting hold me back?” Keep breathing and let the answer come. When it does - do not judge it. Welcome it and give it a big hug.
- Hold a conversation with your fear. What?! But fear is bad! Shift time. Fear isn’t bad; fear is a conditioning and an attempt of the ego to keep you safe. So be kind to it and allow yourself to hear it out.
- Honour and respect what your fear has to say, and then let it know that you are releasing it and taking the risk towards what you truly desire.
When it comes down to it, when we find ourselves in moments of fear - regardless of what the fear may be - we are being presented with a moment to be our most authentic self. Cacao helps us to come into presence with our whole self and others around us, creating the space to dance and be who we really are. Sitting with and working with cacao in our lives will allow the conversations with our heart and fears come out loud and clear.
It also helps to show up whole in ourselves and see past the F.E.A.R. (False Evidence Appearing Real) so we can create what we desire.
To learn more about working with cacao and to order your own cacao to work with, you can email Kelly, who offers ceremonial cacao infused with Reiki, at [email protected]. You can also check out Cacao Laboratory - and be sure to use the code HEARTSPACE for free shipping!