Feed Your Body Friday: Zucchini & Apple Bread
Calling all bread lovers!
This healthy flavorful bread is so delicious that going back to the tasteless breads from the grocery store won’t be easy.
In case you are a mom whose kids run away at the sight of zucchini, this bread is totally for you. No preservatives and no artificial sugar make it a healthy recipe. Spare 80 minutes over the weekend and try making this bread with your kids, it will be a super fun activity with a little messy kitchen! The sweet aromatic bread served with hot chocolate drinks will make your kids ecstatic.
All the ingredients in this recipe come together to give the bread its unique appealing flavours and texture!
To begin, the coconut sugar gives the bread a lovely natural sweetness, therefore, you won’t need a jam or jelly to serve with the bread - especially with the addition of the apples. The vanilla and cinnamon give the bread a lovely fragrance. Like apples, vanilla too is very good for the heart as it helps lower cholesterol. The two eggs pack the bread with protein. The zucchini enhances eye health, digestion, and fills the body with energy. This bread recipe is a great way to sneak veggies into even the pickiest eater’s diet. Last but not least, almond milk gives the bread a subtle nuttiness along with being a good source of several vitamins and minerals.
Let’s get started!
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Yields: 1 loaf
- 3 apples
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 2/3 cup softened butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Peel the apples and cut them into small cubes.
- In a bowl, mix flour with baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk butter with the coconut sugar until the mixture is white.
- Stir eggs and vanilla into the sugar mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk until a homogeneous preparation is obtained.
- Stir the apples and grated zucchini into the mixture.
- Butter an 8” x 4” loaf pan and add the dough.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
Overall, this is a must-bake bread to
If you don’t have coconut sugar on hand, you may substitute it with maple syrup. To balance the sweetness, use 1/2 cup of maple syrup for this recipe. You can also personalize the bread as per your personal taste preferences by adding dry fruits or nuts like pecans, cashews, almonds, or raisins. It looks simple and plain, but it tastes anything but. Enjoy, Daily Life Fam!
Related Article: Feed Your Body Friday: Falafel Bites