Feed Your Body Friday: Weeknight Tofu Stir-Fry
This recipe for tofu stir-fry is ready in 20 minutes, easy to make, full of flavors and will make your taste buds so SO happy. This is a beautiful vegetarian recipe that will impress anyone (including the picky eaters).
Tofu is a good source of protein that replaces meat well in recipes, but it’s important to know the different varieties when purchasing it. For this recipe, choose a firm tofu for best results. Soft tofu (or silky tofu) crumbles too easily and should only
Many people turn their nose up at
There are actually many ways to cook it! First of all, as his taste is quite neutral, marinate it before cooking! You could use vegetable broth with spices or soy sauce, like in this recipe. Do it at least 2 hours before using it for best results. Tofu is like a sponge, it will absorb all the flavors.
The Perfect Weeknight Tofu Stir-Fry
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time:10 minutes
- 1 block firm tofu, pressed and cut into cubes
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup sweet pea, chopped
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 tbsp. grated ginger
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 lime (for juice)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 cups cooked rice
- First, cut tofu in cubes in marinate in ¼ cup of soy sauce for 2 hours before cooking.
- Heat a wok or skillet over high heat, greased lightly.
- Add sesame oil, tofu, and chopped vegetables to your wok and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Next, add ginger, sambal oelek, garlic, 3 tbsp of soy sauce and lime juice. Stir into mixture.
- Once fully cooked, transfer the stir fry into a bowl and sprinkle lightly with coriander.
- Serve and enjoy!
Simple and quick to prepare, this delicious recipe with a sweet-salted Asian sauce spiced with ginger will appeal to all vegetarians and carnivores. Obviously, tofu is not the type of food that everyone loves, but it’s a very good source of protein. When I made this, I served this stir fry on rice, but you can also use rice noodles depending on your preference.
Related Article: Feed Your Body Friday: Chickpea Salad Sandwich