Feed Your Body Friday: Vegan Chocolate Mousse
The sight, smell, and taste of chocolate always brings joy! Yet, brainstorming a unique chocolate dessert that is healthy, delicious, and vegan can be a challenging feat.
Today I come to your rescue with a simple yet outstanding chocolate vegan dessert. Give yourself a break from super carb-y cakes, muffins, and pastries by giving this rich, aromatic, mouth-watering, vegan chocolate mousse a try.
Cooking this four-ingredient recipe that needs just three uncomplicated steps makes you realize that making a delicious vegan dessert at home can be so surprisingly effortless.
- Dark chocolate is extremely nutritious. It has strong antioxidant properties and aids in keeping the heart strong. It is also effective for proper brain functioning.
- Tofu is a fabulous vegan alternative to offer proteins to the body. All 9 vital amino acids are present in tofu.
To get the richest, creamiest mousse texture, try to refrigerate the mixture for a least an hour.
Let’s get started!
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 200g dark chocolate (70%)
- 350g sweet dessert tofu (I use the vanilla flavour by Silken Tofu)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Chocolate (grated)
- Coconut flakes
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie. When the chocolate is melted, remove from heat and allow it to cool slightly, stirring occasionally to prevent hardening.
- Add tofu and vanilla. Whisk vigorously until the texture is smooth and even.
- Spread evenly into 6 small bowls and refrigerate for at least one hour before eating.
This chocolate mousse is an easy recipe that tastes splendid while being quite healthy. If this recipe won’t convince you that eating a vegan diet isn’t completely boring, nothing will. So what are you waiting for? Let your sweet tooth indulge!
Related Article: Feed Your Body Friday: Zucchini & Apple Bread