Feed Your Body Friday: Sweet Potato & Chicken Paleo Sandwich
This recipe follows the principle of the paleo diet, with unprocessed products and a surprising result included!
These chicken sandwich use grilled sweet potatoes as buns instead of bread, their crispy outside and moist center texture is to die for.
Sweet Potato & Chicken Paleo Sandwich
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into disks
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- Salt & pepper
- ¼ cup paleo mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Fresh parsley
- Tomato, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 425˚F.
- Cut the peeled sweet potato into slices (that are the approximate shape and size of a hamburger bun), and place them on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the sweet potatoes with avocado oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes total, flipping them halfway.
- Cook your chicken breasts - you can do this in the preheated oven by cooking it at the same time as the sweet potatoes, leave in for 25 to 30 minutes and check to make sure the internal temperature is at 165˚F.
- While everything cooks, it’s time to mix your sauce. In a bowl mix all the ingredients for the sauce and reserve.
- Once the chicken and sweet potato is out of the oven, assemble! Top sweet potato bun with sauce, chicken, tomatoes, and parsley.
- Customize away (I’d recommend adding onion, pickles, lettuce, etc.) and enjoy!
Love sweet potato? Try this Pecan & Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe
Chicken Tip: To cook the chicken quickly, use the instant pot; place the chicken in the bottom of the instant pot, add ½ cup of water, close the lib, press manual and cook for 8 minutes.
Loaded with protein, gluten-free and low in carbs this chicken and sweet potato sandwich will satisfy you without compromising your diet and you will not even miss the bread you used to buy at the store!
As good as it is colorful, this original recipe is a great way to enjoy a meal rich in flavors and essential nutrients. In addition, these chicken and sweet potatoes sandwich’s are a good source of antioxidants, fiber, essential fatty acids and minerals.
Don’t hesitate to try these delicious sandwiches that will help you avoid extra bread, you will be super happy on how they turn out.