Feed Your Body Friday: Sun-Dried Tomato and Feta Couscous
Need a new idea for meal prep this week? Why not try couscous?
I love couscous because it’s so versatile. It can be served as a main meal, as an side dish or as a salad. In addition it’s super simple and quick to prepare.
This Sun-dried Tomato and Feta Couscous is an ideal recipe to add to meal prep and can be served as a side dish, or as a salad. It’s great for lunch, the flavors will even develop over the days and the couscous will be more succulent by the end of the week. Also, you can easily keep it for 5 days in the fridge.
Sun-dried Tomato & Feta Couscous
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup dried couscous
- 1 cup of water
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- 2 green onion, finely chopped
Note: This recipe several variations are possible, I recommend adding chickpeas or lentils if you want more protein or adding sliced black olives, red onion, and chopped fresh spinach if more veggies are desired.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tsp. dry mint
- pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, bring a cup of water to a boil.
- Once it is boiling, remove from heat then add your cup of couscous, mix and put the lid back on.
- Without putting back on the heat, let the couscous rise for 10 minutes.
- Then break up the couscous with a fork and leave it uncovered to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, put all the ingredients for the salad and the couscous, then set aside.
- In a small bowl add all the ingredients for the dressing mix well until smooth.
- Add the dressing to the salad and stir well.
- Let the salad sit for at least one to two hours before serving, until the flavors are absorbed. Then enjoy!
Couscous is a very nutritious food. Composed of 100% wheat, it’s a good source of mineral salts, vitamins, carbohydrate and fiber (only if you choose whole wheat). So it’s perfect for a quick and nutritious meal prep!
Try this next: 3 Bento Box Lunches for Meal Prep