Feed Your Body Friday: Roasted Potato Breakfast Skillet
I may be late to the party on this, but just recently I discovered a love for Sunday morning brunches. What’s more comforting than preparing and eating breakfast in an ultra-casual way with those we appreciate?
This weekend, I served my guests this vegetarian Roasted Potato Breakfast Skillet. I barely had time to blink before everyone’s plates were empty and I had to dish up seconds! You might want to plan ahead and make extra.
This recipe is an “empty-fridge” recipe, you can add in any veggies you have on hand that need to be eaten before they go bad. You’ll end up with a delicious personalized skillet, and reduce food waste. Win-win!
Ready in: 35 minutes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red potatoes, diced
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Cut all vegetables into small cubes
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, pepper, garlic and potato to the pan, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the vegetables, cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with the chopped parsley and serve.
The roasted potatoes make this skillet very hearty. It’s a great way to incorporate a ton of vegetables into the most important meal of your day in a way that still feels just as comfortable and satisfying as greasier breakfast alternatives. Unlike bacon and pancakes though, this dish will wake up every part of your mind and body, boosting your mood and energy. You’ll start your morning off strong and keep up the momentum all day long!
Let me know what else you’d add to this vegetarian Roasted Potato Breakfast Skillet!