Feed Your Body Friday: Pumpkin Brownies
It’s fall so you know what that means, everywhere you look everything is pumpkin flavored!
This got me inspired, how could I combine my two sweet loves? Delectable pumpkin brownies!
You may find me too pretentious if I told you that this brownie recipe is the best in the world, the pumpkin purée with cream cheese added in this recipe make all the difference! The texture is lighter, more mellow, melting, and slightly moist.
This brownie combines all the characteristics of my definition of the perfect brownie!
I love healthy food and healthy recipes, but this one is not one of them! But you know what; sometimes it’s ok to let g
What’s more comforting than a slice of warm, melting brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream? NOTHING!
Pumpkin Brownie Recipe
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp. cream cheese softened
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F
- In a bowl mix eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- In another bowl add the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt, mix well to combine everything.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet mixture.
- In the microwave, melt the butter (about 40 seconds) and add to the brownies mixture.
- In a third bowl, mix pumpkin purée with cream cheese, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Grease a baking pan with butter
- First, add the brownie mixture into the pan, then add small amounts of pumpkin mixture randomly on top of the brownie mixture.
- Using a spatula or knife pass through the pumpkin purée to mix the two mixtures together (this should create a pretty swirl look).
- Cook about 50 minutes in the middle rack of the oven
Make these delicious Pumpkin Brownies for your for family and friends this October, I promise you a maximum chocolate intensity for maximum pleasure! You can keep up the pumpkin brownies in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 5 days.