Feed Your Body Friday: Peanut Butter Cups
On this National Peanut Butter Day, I couldn’t resist making a recipe with one of my favorite spreads, peanut butter. So, if you’re looking for a homemade candy recipe, you’ve come to the right place.
This recipe is based around the classic flavor of chocolate peanut butter candy that everyone loves but no one really makes at home. Usually we just rather buy this candy already packed at the convenience store or at the grocery store. Yet I’m sure a lot of people would make this recipe themselves if they realized how easy and quick it is to do.
To make this recipe, you don’t need the oven or your stove, you only the microwave to melt the chocolate. Plus it only needs 4 ingredients and takes 30 minutes to prepare. The longest thing to do is to wait until the treats are cooled and ready to eat! Try it you will probably never want to go back to the chocolate Peanut Butter Candy bars that you use to buy at the store.
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute
Waiting time: 1 hour
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. vegetable shortening
- Mix peanut butter with icing sugar until you have a smooth texture.
- Melt the chocolate chips and vegetable shortening in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Place paper mold in a small muffin tin.
- Add 1 tbsp. of melted chocolate in the bottom
- Place 1 tsp. of the peanut butter mixture on top
- Add another 1 tbsp. of chocolate on top of the peanut butter.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour
- After 1 hour they are ready to eat and enjoy!
It’s true, this is not the healthiest recipe on earth, but I think you should enjoy sweets when you can just eat it in moderation. In addition, little treats from time to time are part of the little pleasures of life.
With Easter coming soon, doubling the recipe, freezing half and you will already have your Homemade Easter chocolates ready to offer and homemade!
Related Article: Nutella Energy Balls