Feed Your Body Friday: One-Pot Chicken Pasta
On today’s menu, we have a fantastic one-pot chicken pasta with Italian seasoning. This lovely white tender pasta served steaming hot pleases all. This recipe is a superb one-pot delight that cooks in less than 30 minutes. Skipping the complex preparation or cooking steps, this one-pot chicken pasta makes for a quick and easy dinner.
The delicious mouth-watering aroma is just the start. The soft pasta blended with bite-size pieces of chicken, amazing Italian seasoning, and a creamy Alfredo sauce make it an incredibly yummy dish! The broccoli floret and chopped onions add in the perfect crunch to this flavour-filled pasta.
Digging a little more into the ingredients reveals their astonishingly advantageous impacts on our health. It’s well-known that chicken breast pieces are a low-fat protein. This pasta dish uses chicken broth instead of water, making it extra flavourful and offering you some extra nutrients.
Broccoli is considered the powerhouse of nutrition, it’s remarkable that this single vegetable is packed with Vitamin C, Vitamin K, fibre, potassium, folic acid, and more. Onions are also loaded with multiple vitamins and minerals. I use onions in most of my recipes because they are low in calories, are great antioxidants, and are also anti-bacterial.
You really can’t go wrong with this recipe. Let’s get started!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 3 small skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 cups pasta of your choice
- 1 container Alfredo sauce (540 ml)
- 4 cups broccoli floret
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- In a large saucepan, heat a little olive oil over medium heat. Cook the chicken cubes for 4 to 5 minutes, until the inside of the chicken flesh has lost its pinkish hue.
- Add the seasoning for the chicken and onion. Stir. Continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta, Alfredo sauce, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently and adding chicken broth as needed.
- Add broccoli floret and continue cooking until pasta is al dente and liquid is almost completely absorbed (about 5 minutes).
In this recipe I’m using already made Alfredo sauce, but if you want to make your own it’s pretty easy. You just have to heat oil in a pan, add 3 tbsp. of corn starch, 1/2 cup of broth, 1/2 cup of skim milk, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan cheese. Mix all the ingredients together and you’re ready to go!
Often, our palates need to try something wonderful to keep our spirits happy. This one-pot chicken pasta is the perfect soul food. It’s suitable for those who crave to a lusciously flavourful yet healthy dish. This creamy pasta also befits those who are new at trying home-made healthy recipes. Get the ingredients and try it this week! All it takes is 30 minutes to enjoy a yummy plate of chicken pasta.
Related Article: Your Diet Can Help Your Spiritual Awakening - Here’s How