Feed Your Body Friday: Lemon Energy Balls
Alright, Feed Your Body Friday friends, get ready for a boost!
Energy balls are - as their name suggests - small energy bombs that concentrate on quality ingredients chosen for their intense nutritional value.
These lemon energy balls are perfect for fueling up before a hard day, a school snack for children and teens, or to give you a boost before a workout. I can’t think of any time of day I wouldn’t love to munch on a few of these refreshing energy balls.
They are an excellent alternative to starchy foods: filled with good sugars and good fats from
This recipe is surprisingly simple and much healthier than all the cereal bars that can be found in supermarkets, which often contain a lot of processed sugar and chemicals.
But this snack is not only for athletes! Everyone can eat them!
Serves: 20 balls
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Wait Time: 2 hours
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp.lemon zest
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 3 tbsp. raw hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup sweet coconut, grated
- 3 tbsp. almond powder
For the coating:
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- In a food processor, add the lemon juice, zest, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix 15 seconds.
- Add oatmeal, hemp seeds, chia seeds, grated coconut, and almond powder. Mix until you have a ball of dough. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape 20 scoops using about 2 tablespoons of preparation for each. Place the balls on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a plate or in a bowl, add the grated coconut and roll small balls of the dough into it to coat them.
- Keep your lemon energy balls in the fridge or the freezer for up to 2 months.
Easy to make, fluffy, and full of nutritious ingredients, these no-bake lemon energy balls are a great healthy snack to keep ready in your fridge. These are impossible to get bored of, since the range of flavors that can be integrated into the balls is limitless. Add your favourite seeds and complementary flavours and make them your own!
There are no rules for preparing energy balls. Just choose from your favorite ingredients and go! As a bonus, we have complete control over what we eat. They can be vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, whatever suits your lifestyle and your tastebuds best!