Feed Your Body Friday: Hearty Fall Kale Salad
Looking for a delicious way to eat more kale? This Hearty Kale Warm Salad recipe is perfect as a quick lunch and
People associate salads with summer, but I set out to break that mold. I found the way to combine salad and comfort food with the few ingredients that you probably have on hand.
It’s quick, warm and full of autumn flavors with the kale and apple. You can’t go wrong with healthy kale and delicious hearty ingredients! You probably heard an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but I think a bowl of kale a day has a similar effect.
Here is your daily apple/
Hearty Fall Kale Salad
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- ¼ cups water
- 6 cups chopped kale (stems removed)
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- ½ cup mushroom slices
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 apple slices
- ½ cup feta cheese in cube
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat add your pre-measured water, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, reduce heat to low and add kale to the mixture, cover five minutes.
- While you wait 5 minutes, prepare your salad dressing by combining dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and put it to the side.
- Return to your vegetable mixture, add salt and pepper (or any other spices your desire) to taste.
- Place kale salad and the cooked vegetables in a bowl.
- Add uncooked slices of apples and top with feta cheese.
- Finally, drizzle with the dressing you made in step 3.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Tip: Kale can be a little hard to chew so here a little trick that works miracles: Rinse the leaves of kale under cold water and massage them with your thumbs, from the inside to the outside, this will soften the leaves! Yes, yes, you read that correctly, you have to give your kale a massage so
Kale is for sure one of our favorite fall vegetables, do you have one? If so let us know!