Here’s a recipe for cookies without traditional flour - yes, you read that correctly!
These bananas and almond cookies are super easy, need few ingredients and are quick to make. You can serve these cookies as desserts, snacks and even for breakfast since they are healthy and nutritious. Everyone will love having cookies in the morning! So get ready to bake and enjoy!
To replace the flour in this recipe I used almond “flour”. In fact, this is only almonds so finely ground that it looks like flour.
If you wanted to make make your almond flour, all you have to do is put 1 to 2 cups of whole almonds in your blender and mix until you get a very fine texture. If you’re not into the “make your own” aspect of that, almond flour can be found in most grocery stores, but if you want to make it yourself, it can often be more economical and better for the environment.
So let’s get baking! These cookies are delicious, healthier, and are great for your gluten-free pals!
Flourless Banana Almond Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F
- In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients,
- In a separate bowl, mix all your wet ingredients and mix.
- Using the well method, combine the dry and wet ingredients and beat together until you obtain a smooth texture.
- Scoop your dough onto the baking sheet - I recommend using 2 tbsp. of dough per cookie to achieve an even bake.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Longer if you want extra crispy!
- Let cool completely and enjoy!
Make sure you store these in a Tupperware or sealable bag to keep them soft and moist! These are a great treat that you can enjoy anytime, so enjoy!
Related Article: Oven-Baked Zucchini Chips