Feed Your Body Friday: Crunchy Vegan Energy Bites
Here’s a healthy recipe: no-cook crunchy, vegan energy balls with dates and nuts that are absolutely delicious! These are very easy and fast vegan energy balls that I often prepare at home for my family. These bites are ideal to fight against that mid-day slump or as a quick natural sugar boost before your workout.
With this kind of recipe, don’t hesitate to go with the inspiration of the moment. Your kid(s) can even participate by decorating the energy balls with chopped nuts, small pieces of chocolate, grated coconut, etc.
Easy to make, full of nutritious ingredients, and way more satisfying than those expensive nutrition granola bars we can find at the market. These no-bake vegan energy bites are a great snack to have in your fridge at all times. Trust us, these are impossible to get bored of since the range of flavors that can be integrated into the balls is pretty much limitless. Go right ahead and throw in any extra ingredients you have on hand.
Crunchy Vegan Energy Bites
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Wait Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup of peanuts
- 25 dates, pits removed
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup puffed rice
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 3 tbsp. hemp seeds
- In a food processor, reduce cashews and peanuts in breadcrumbs. Remove the nut mixture from the container.
- In the food processor, reduce the dates to a puree. Add almond butter, walnuts, and the cashews and peanut mixture. Mix until you have a ball of dough.
- Shape 15 scoops of dough.
- In a bowl, mix puffed rice, coconut, cranberries, and hemp seeds.
- Coat the dough balls by pressing lightly so that everything adheres well to the dough.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
These energy balls are a great snack for athletes or those into fitness, or anyone who experiences a mental power failure in the middle of the afternoon. Delicious and satisfying! Personally, I find them just as satisfying (if not more) as chocolate!
Related Article: Feed Your Body Friday - Tofu Tacos