Feed Your Body Friday: Coconut & Turmeric Smoothie
Welcome to the first Feed Your Body Friday recipe of 2019, folks!
We wanted to start you off for the year with a squeaky clean and delicious Coconut and Turmeric detox smoothie. I have always been a smoothie enthusiast! Starting the day with this detoxifying drink to get rid of all the toxins that built up over the holidays will leave you feeling great and ready to tackle not just the day, but the entire year ahead.
Earlier, when detoxes weren’t so mainstream. I tried using packaged detoxification powders in smoothies. What resulted were bitter, tasteless drinks that I wish to forget. Now I prefer to I whip up this quick fruit detox smoothie in the morning. This detox smoothie with coconut and turmeric has a bunch of succulent fruits like mango, banana, orange, and coconut, together working wonders on the skin, body, and hair.
With this powerful detoxifying smoothie in your belly, you can bid farewell to inflammation and to all the toxins that have accumulated in your skin and body from your diet and environment - just in time for the new year!
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: ~2 Glasses
- 2 cups frozen mango pieces
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp. turmeric powder or more to taste
- Maple syrup to taste
- 2 tbsp. coconut flakes
- In blender or blender stand, purée all ingredients.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
A glass of this luscious colourful smoothie fills the body with all the necessary nutrients to get your body and mind prepped for the year to come.
- Mango, for instance, cleanses the skin while promoting immunity and eye health. Bananas contain lots of potassium and help keep the heart stronger.
- Coconut is one of the best ways to hydrate the body. This smoothie contains coconut in 3 forms - milk, yogurt, and flakes. (If you can’t find coconut yogurt, you can make your own! Pour a can of coconut milk in a bowl, whisk it, mix in 4 probiotic tablets gently, cover with a clean cloth, and let it sit for 24-48 hours. Refrigerate, and use the yogurt for up to a week!)
- Maple syrup sweetens without extra sugar, boosts immunity, and helps make bones stronger.
- And last but certainly not least, turmeric is popular for its medicinal, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties.
This detox smoothie with coconut and turmeric is extremely beneficial as all the nutritious fruits serve as anti-oxidants. Moreover, the drink’s sweetness, colour, dense texture, and scent are all naturally derived from fruits and maple syrup with no added sugar or preservatives. It’ll leave you feeling full, energetic, and satisfied for hours.
We always encourage experimentation with our recipes, and this detox smoothie is a great recipe to modify to your own tastes. If you try out this recipe, be sure to take a picture and tag us to show us your creation on social media!
Related Article: Feed Your Body Friday: Green Smoothie Bowl