Feed Your Body Friday: Chicken, Avocado & Apple Sandwich
Happy Friday everyone! On this week’s edition of Feed Your Body Friday we have a sandwich recipe for you that brings in elements of velvety avocado and crunchy apple. A sandwich is always a good option for lunches and picnics but sometimes we must admit that we don’t always know what to put in it.
This avocado, apple and chicken sandwich is delicious, comforting and makes you feel satisfied and greedy that you got to eat it all to yourself.
In addition, the preparation is really quick! You just have to use the leftover roasted chicken and voila, done!
Ready in: 30 minutes
- 1 cup roasted chicken, finely chopped
- 1 avocado cut into small cubes
- ½ red apple cut into small cubes
- Juice of half a lemon
- Bread (Your choice)
- ½ tsp tarragon
- 2 tbsp of plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- A pinch of sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut avocado in half and peel. With a tablespoon, scoop some of the flesh, cut it into cubes
- Cut the apple into small cubes
- Mix avocado, apple and lemon juice in a salad bowl
- For the vinaigrette, mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, sugar, pepper and a pinch of salt until smooth. Mix with the chicken mixture
- Garnish slices of bread with the chicken and avocado mixture, add lettuce leaves
You will enjoy this delicious and balanced sandwich and it will be a must item on your menu for your next lunch!