Feed Your Body Friday: Cheeseburger Bites
Welcome to a particularly delicious Feed Your Body Friday!
It’s Friday, so this means that the weekend is here. The weekend is a good time to recharge and relax and is often synonymous with getting together for cool and casual evenings with friends.
Today, I propose a recipe that is delicious and also super cute: the mini cheeseburgers! For a buffet, a BBQ with friends or an entree, minis burgers are really a favorite, especially for children. They are so festive and representative of the summer kitchen! Whip up a batch of these and skip heading to that expensive tapas bar for an evening of fun with friends and family in the comfort of your own home.
Another great thing about these cheeseburger bites is that they are a lighter version of the classic recipe, but retains all the assets: pleasure, freshness, flavor, and visual appeal. And, as everyone knows, mini versions of food are even more irresistible! Just try not to eat them all at once!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Serves: 24 cheeseburger bites
- 24 baby potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion, finely diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. pickle relish
- 3 tbsp. cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mini pickles for garnish
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp. pickle relish
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. chives, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 ° F.
- Put the baby potatoes in the salted water and cook in boiling water, until it becomes soft.
- Brown beef or turkey with onions in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- When meat is cooked, add mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup and relish mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease a mini muffin pan and place a baby potato in each mold.
- Use a tamper to press the potatoes into each mold.
- Fill each mold with the ground beef mixture and garnish with cheddar cheese.
- Put the mold in the oven and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove the cheeseburger from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.
- Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients of the sauce.
- Sprinkle sauce over cheeseburger and garnish with mini slices of pickle
You can prepare these cheeseburger bites in advance and even freeze them, making them a great addition to any potluck, as long as you have an oven. Just take them out a few hours before and reheat them at 350°F for 15 minutes.
Although it may be tempting, don’t make these cheeseburger bites too big. They are meant to be super rich, especially if you add other ingredients and garnishes on them.
These little cheeseburger bites make up for their size with a seriously huge flavour-blast. You will see, these little things are so good! Nobody will resist them and they will be eaten as soon as you serve them!