Feed Your Body Friday: Banana Chocolate Bread
Here’s the trick to guaranteed delicious fresh bread: Bake it at home! We promise, it’s easier than you think.
Homemade breads are fresh, flavorful, yummy, and you get to include your favorite ingredients. This Banana Chocolate Bread totally satisfies that comfort-food craving while still providing valuable nutrients with the inclusion of flax seeds.
The preparation for the recipe isn’t laborious either. The soaking and mixing of all the ingredients to create the batter takes just about 20-25 minutes. The baking requires an hour, then another half an hour for a cool-down before serving. Less than 2 hours is all you need to spare to make this sweet banana bread!
This banana chocolate bread recipe contains fabulous flax seeds, which add a nutty flavour to the bread and offer fibre and Omega 3s in abundance. If you need to boost immunity, want to get rid of toxins in the body, have a healthy heart, and improve digestion, include flax seeds in your daily diet.
Bananas too aid in maintaining good heart health by lessening the risk factors leading to stroke and lowering cholesterol. Finally, not only do they taste great, chocolate chips are amazing antioxidants and mood enhancers. So, go right ahead and have a slice or 2 of this bread for breakfast to help you start your day with a good mood!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 3 tbsp. water
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 ripe bananas, pureed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Soak the ground flax seeds in water for about ten minutes. The mixture should become slightly gelatinous.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Reserve.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, add the soaked flax seeds, sugar, vanilla, and ripe bananas. Mis until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Once well combined, add the chocolate chips
- Place the dough in a greased bread pan.
- Top the mixture with another banana chopped in half (optional)
- Bake for about 60 minutes. Then let cool for 15 minutes and unmold.
The aroma of this bread fills the whole house so beautifully, and just one bite woos the palate delicately, making you crave more! If you relish mild sweetness in your bread, you can skip the sugar altogether or substitute with honey or pure maple syrup. You can also use any kind of chocolate chips you like best, or leave them out entirely. For a fun, packable snack, you can use the same recipe to make muffins!
Related Article: Feed Your Body Friday: Zucchini & Apple Bread