Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas: Feed Your Body Friday
Looking for a fast and easy dinner everyone will love?
These yummy oven baked chicken fajitas are a quick-fix whenever you’re running late for dinner. When in a hurry, they’re easy to make and everyone loves the mouthwatering flavors.
Get ready for a meal brimming with a variety of flavors from traditional garlic to the many spices that make our mouths water. The oregano, cumin, and smoked paprika are just like a cherry on the top. They add depth to the savory flavors in the dish and when you take your first bite of the tender and flavorful chicken, you will be awed. There’s something special about well seasoned tender chicken breasts that everyone loves.
These chicken fajitas also feature an assortment of vegetables: bell peppers, onions, and cilantro. The bell pepper and a burst of color to the table. Also, the vegetables don’t just add color; they also add a splash of healthy nutrients to the dish. You can also add other vegetables to this recipe to bring more color and flavor if you desire!
Tips for Making the Best Fajitas
- Toss your chicken and veggies half-way through to ensure they are evenly cooked.
- Always check your internal temperature to make sure that your chicken is cooked (165°F/74°C), the coloring spices can be deceiving from the outside.
- Season heavily! The whole point of fajitas is the multitude of flavors you get from your spices.
- Make them your own! There are so many things you can add to fajitas to curate them to your own tastes. (Our favorites are sour cream, tomatoes, cheese, and jalapenos)
- If you have a lime available, add a splash of lime juice before serving to add a tinge of that delectable tang to the dish.
Lime and spices make everything taste better! Don’t believe us? Try our Lime and Chili Popcorn recipe.
Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 large red onion
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 large tortillas
- 2 limes cut into quarters
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Pepper and salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 ° F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop your onion, peppers, and chicken into strips.
- In a medium bowl place the onion, peppers, and chicken in and drizzle the olive oil on.
- Next, combine the spices to make your homemade fajita seasoning. Pepper generously and add a pinch of salt.
- Once your seasoning mix is combined, sprinkle over the vegetables and chicken.
- Toss the vegetables and chicken so that they are completely coated in the spices and oil.
- Next, distribute them evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While they bake, wrap up your tortillas in foil, cut your lime into wedges, and chop up your cilantro.
- When there are only 5 minutes remaining on your cook timer place the wrapped tortillas in the oven to warm them up.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle cilantro on the baking sheet and place your lime wedges along the edges.
- Serve in the center of the table and enjoy!
You’ll be amazed by the scrumptious results and when they say “this is amazing” you can respond “it was nothing.” This recipe is the perfect fix for a lazy dinner that you can enjoy together.
So put out some big spoons, plates and dig in! You’ll be guaranteed to see lots of smiles and happy tummies at your dinner table.
Want more simple dinner recipes? Try this One-Pot Chicken Pasta Recipe next.