Feed Your Body Friday: Oven-Baked Zucchini Chips
Do you know that you can use zucchini to make chips? If you’re having a craving for something salty and crunchy, this is a great alternative to traditional chips. Also, if you struggle adding more green foods to the dinner table, it’s also a great way to incorporate vegetables into your diet!
When you have cravings in the afternoon or in the evening, it can be difficult to resist chips and chocolates. Well, it’s now a thing of the past, since today you will have this zucchini chips recipe that will satisfy your cravings! Perfect in the afternoon to slip into the lunch box or to make a snack in the evening in front of a movie, this recipe will quickly become one of your favorites!
Sprinkle, a little pepper and salt (and any other spices you may desire), toss it in the oven, and you’ll have delicious, healthy chips that you can snack on
Zucchini Chips Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: Approx. 2 hours 30 minutes
- 4 zucchinis, chopped into coins
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional Spices: chili or paprika
- Preheat the oven to 220° F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Clean and pat the zucchini dry with a towel.
- Cut them into thin slices using a mandolin or a knife so that they are shaped like little coins (like chips).
- Place them flat on the oiled baking sheet or parchment paper to prevent them from sticking.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper (and any of your other seasoning) to taste.
- Bake for 2hours and 30 minutes until they are crisp. Check on them every 30 minutes and rotate as needed.
Note: Make sure to cook them until crispy in a very low oven (220 ˚F) and do not turn it up to make the process faster, they will burn! I suggest using parchment paper so that it doesn’t stick to the baking sheet.
I have experimented with several ways to obtain tasty and slightly crispy chips. Thick, thin, extra-thin slices, baked in the oven or pan, etc., so here’s the recipe for the best result. And since it’s a simple recipe that can vary depending on what you have on hand!
Don’t hesitate to make this recipe; it’s a no guilt’s snacks that you can enjoy at any time of the day. Plus it’s super easy to make, healthier and I would even say tastier than the regular chips!